Personal Accident & Illness Insurance
Personal Accident Insurance provides coverage for accidental injury or sickness.
Having Personal Accident & Illness (PA) insurance covers you for loss of income if you were unable to work as a result of an injury or illness. The cover is generally available regardless of whether or not you sustain injury or develop an illness due to your work.
If you were temporarily unable to work due to the accident or illness, your cover could pay you a benefit of up to 85% of your salary.
There is also an option to potentially cover you for accidental death or disablement, which can provide a lump sum payment to your beneficiaries if you die in an accident or to you if you suffer a permanent disabling injury.
Getting cover doesn’t have to be hassle and involve visits to the doctor, you can get cover without any forms or medicals (please be aware that you won’t typically be covered for any pre-existing medical conditions/injuries or any hazardous activities that you participate in).
Types of Personal Accident covers include:
- Loss of income as a result an injury
- Loss of income as a result of an illness
- Loss of income as a result of injury or illness (combined)
- Top Up insurance – in addition to Workers Compensation benefits during work hours for employees
- Outside Working hours only for employees
- Directors Personal Accident insurance – to cover gaps in Workers Compensation
- We also can provide Personal Accident coverage for Persons aged over 65
- Various cover options are provided by this insurance against a range of events
- Journey insurance – to and from home/work – to cover gaps in Workers Compensation
- Capital Benefit Payout for injury that results in Death or Permanent Total Disablement
- Weekly benefit for Injury
- Weekly benefit for Sickness
What is typically not covered?
An injury or illness that is the result of:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- An act which is intentional, criminal or caused by you.
- Alcohol or drugs
- Professional sports
- Motor sports
These above policies are general insurance products meaning cover is limited for weekly benefits up to 104 weeks maximum (not to age 65).
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the terms, implications and common considerations in Personal Accident & Illness Insurance. It does not constitute advice, and is not complete, so please discuss the full details with your All Star broker.
With All Star, you can get tailored quotes for Personal Accident and Illness insurance within minutes and once covered you will be protected 24/7.
Have a query?