1300 043 009

Welcome to All Star Brokers

Protecting What Matters

We are your trusted insurance partners specialising in all insurance types from Business Insurance, Personal Insurance, Household Insurance and more.

Home & Contents insurance

What is home & contents insurance?

Home insurance can protect you from financial risk if your home is damaged or destroyed and can also cover your home’s contents if they are damaged, lost or stolen. You can take out cover for specific listed events only or for wider accidental damage cover, depending on your needs.

What are different types of Home Insurance policies?

When comparing the market, Home Insurance policies can be classified into four broad types.

  1. Basic Defined Events Insurance
  2. Defined Events Insurance
  3. Accidental Loss or Damage Insurance
  4. Prestige or Luxury Home Insurance

What is a Defined Events Home insurance policy?

Defined Events insurance policies cover certain events, such as fire, wind, water, storm, earthquake, cyclone, malicious and impact damage and burglary.

What is an Accidental Home insurance policy?

Accidental Damage Home Insurance is a broader coverage providing coverage for any damage unless excluded, and if it is not excluded, insurance cover is provided.

What can it cover?

The Steadfast home insurance can provide you with extensive protection if your home suffers loss or damage – with a number of additional benefits included automatically. You have a choice of options, with different levels of cover and inclusions available.

The exact cover you can receive depends on the policy that you take out. But to give you an idea, here are some of the benefits a Steadfast home insurance policy may include:

Potential benefits 
A safeguard of up to 30% extra of your total sum insured, so you can feel confident you won’t be caught short if you have to rebuild (does not apply to base listed events policy).Cover for accidental breakages, damage caused by falling trees during a storm or the impact of a car.
Automatic cover for flood and cover for fire or explosion.Automatic inflation adjustment to your buildings and contents sum insured.
Cover for earthquake, tsunami, lightning strikes, storm, rainwater, hail and wind and water damage from certain leakages.An extra 20% of your total sum insured to cover accommodation costs, if you need to move out while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
Cover for burglary or theft, caused by a forced break-in and vandalism or malicious damage.Environmental upgrade cover – up to $5,000, and extra costs of rebuilding to meet statutory requirements – up to $25,000.
Liability cover of up to $30 million for injury or loss of life to a third party, or loss of a third party’s property on a building you occupy or own.Catastrophe cover up to an additional 30% of the building sum insured, for declared natural disasters.

What usually isn’t covered?

Each policy is different, but generally you won’t be covered:

  • If your home is unoccupied for more than 100 continuous days (90 days for the listed event and base listed event wordings).
  • For rust, corrosion, gradual deterioration, depreciation or wear and tear.
  • For damage caused by rats, mice or insects.

There are other exclusions which we can outline for you.

Important note

All home insurance policies are subject to dollar limitations on certain types of items and will have exclusions such as damage from wear and tear. Differing policies have different coverage, different exclusion, conditions, and basis of settlement.

A product disclosure statement (PDS) is available from us. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, Home & Contents insurance.

For professional advice on Business Insurance placement solutions, please contact All Star Brokers.

Have a query?